The purpose of this article is to describe how to add various types of content to masonsConnect. Posts can include a link to a recording of an awesome YouTube video, a notification of an online event, stories and helpful articles about the sharing Freemasonry with social media, websites, email or in an online meeting.
- Become a contributor - if you are not already a contributor, first subscribe and then contact [email protected] requesting that you would like to become a contributor.
Once you are a contributor then you can add content to the masonsConnect website. It is easy to add content and there is a process in place to ensure that you cannot accidentally publish something that should not be published.
For any type of content follow these steps:
- Login - navigate to https://www.masonsconnect.com/ghost/, if required login.
2. Create post - navigate to https://www.masonsconnect.com/ghost/#/editor/post
the following screen will show:
following is an example:
3. Email for review - email [email protected] advising that your post is ready for review and then once reviewed and on approval will be shared with the masonsConnect community.
Adding a link to an awesome YouTube recording
A great easy way to start is to add a link to a YouTube recording, and here are the steps involved ...
- Title - create an engaging title in as few as words as possible.
- Settings - on the right side of the screen open up the post settings.
- Tags section - in tags section select the best tags to describe your post, for example
recordings of online meetings.
- Excerpt section - in the excerpt section introduce your blog post or article with a couple of short compelling reasons for reading
- Body - in the body past the YouTube link for the video.
- Save - when you change the body the post with automatically be saved as a draft.
Feel very welcome to other types of content like articles, tips and thoughts that you know others will enjoy reading.
Need more help?
Reach out to [email protected] and we will organise a one-on-one session to help you understand how it all works.
For more information check this learning to contribute post for ideas.
Got a suggestion to help?
Can you suggest how these notes can be improved? comment with thoughts and suggestions.